In honour of the fact that I’ve spent time today learning how to write messages in binary (convert the letters to ASCII codes first), I’m going to use the medium of blogging to confess my geek sins. For they are great.
- While I really rate Christopher Reeve’s portrayal of Superman, I can’t get too excited about the films around him. Some awesome moments (I love it when he first catches the helicopter), but the movie franchise is ripe for a clean break if it’s going to get anywhere in future.
- I suspect Matt Smith may be on his way to being better than David Tennant. And I really liked Tennant.
- I haven’t seen all of 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- When someone asks "Barry or Wally?", I say "Jay."
- While I think Terminator 2 is the best of the franchise, I’m not convinced it works within its own model of time travel. This makes me a little depressed.
- I have no problem with the Ewoks.
- Actually, I have less of a problem with the Ewoks than I do with Boba Fett, because at least the Ewoks did something.
- And don’t give me that extended universe guff about Boba surviving. He was lame, he got pwned by a blind guy, then he got eaten. End of.
- I nod with approval when The Big Bang Theory get their DC Comics references right.
- I sold all my Star Wars toys. I regret it to this day.
- I still find it difficult to watch Ironhide’s death in Transformers: The Movie.
- I didn’t buy Blackest Night, I think Kyle and Guy are more interesting Green Lanterns than Hal, and if I wanted to watch a bunch of zombies killing sympathetic characters, I’d watch a Romero movie. So sue me.
- Once upon a time, there was an Emperor who was told by conmen that he’d bought a beautiful new outfit that only clever people could see. Everyone complimented the Emperor on his new clothes, even though he was buck naked. Everyone, that is, apart from a young boy. The moral of the story? The Matrix trilogy sucks.
- The only way you’ll get me watching something like Saw or Hostel is if the bad guy starts kidnapping billionaires… Such as Bruce Wayne.
- I paid money to see Terminator 3.
There will be more, but frankly, I’ve done enough confessing for now. I want to know about the skeletons in YOUR geek closet…